Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, May 11, 2015

March 30, 2015

Hello family!!!:) How was this week???:) I hope great!!! My week was fantastic!!! no ER experiences, or bein pulled over by a cop:) now that's a miracle. Well this week has been crazy!!! We have been living with another family because the C have some family in town!! Its been hard cuz we have had to fit all our exchanges in....sooo this poor family has had to take 4 missionaries in their home:) They are soo happy to do it!! such christlike people:) Maybe one day Ill live out in the mission field and let missionaries live with me to repay all that these people have done for us!!:) We been so lucky to have so many members coming with us to see people!!:) Sister L was sick the other day so this girl who is 17 came out on team ups with me all day!!! It was so fun!!! She is preparing to go on a mission and we just had a really great time together!!:) she was super nervous but did a great job!!:) She will be a great missionary one day!!! we were so blessed to literally have someone from the ward with us EVERY DAY! So many amazing members!!!:) Well one miracle we have had was this guy named J:) We have been struggling finding new investigators for the YSA to teach. All the girls want more guys in the YSA. Marriage material ;) sooooo we all been prayin for it. Well me and Hermana B went tracting in this trailer park...and the first door we knocked this guy opened the door. We gave him our little spill on how he can strengthen his relationship with his Heavenly Father and told him about the Book of Mormon. He got really interested and asked tons of inspired questions:) we had a great conversation, he took the BOM and asked us to come back and tell him more:) He wants to come to church!!! haha answer to all the girls prayers in the YSA!!!:) That then got the whole YSA excited for missionary work....so now we came up with a plan after church yesterday. We had everyone get in a big circle and pray to have certain peoples names come into their minds of who of their friends are ready for the gospel. We all prayed and everyone wrote down some names that came to mind. Then we set goals on how we are goin to take a step in sharin the gospel with these individuals. They all LOVED it and are sooo excited!! We are goin to have them accomplish a goal each week and follow up each sunday! We know as they do this, that we will be able to find new investigators and bring those who are prepared into this gospel. And THEY will be the means of doing it:) they are great:) Well sorry this email is short!!! :) Just know a lot of good things are happenin :) Life is SOO good!:) Well as easter is comin up we been focusing a lot about Christ and the resurrection. I think its really interesting that our church doesn't really dwell on the fact that Christ died. Our focus is on the fact that He lives.:) What a beautiful message of hope in and of itself:) We been thinkin a lot about what it means that He lives. How does it affect us now? What does it mean to me individually? Well I think the song "I know my Redeemer lives" says it perfectly. He lives to bless me with His love, He lives to plead for me above, He lives my hungry soul to feed, He lives to bless in time of need, He lives to grant me rich supply, He lives to guide me with his eye, He lives to comfort me when faint, He lives to hear my souls complaint, He lives to silence all my fears, He lives to wipe away my tears, He lives to calm my troubled heart, He lives all blessings to impart, He lives to grant me daily breath, He lives so I can conquer death, He lives my mansion to prepare, and He lives to bring me safely there. He lives....so He can do all these things and so much more for us. The reason our church focuses so much on the fact that He lives, is because that's everything:) The fact that He lives, is the reason He is able to enable us. Because he overcame death, overcame temptations, and our pains and trials, He can be there for us to enable us to overcome these things as well. So this Easter, really think about what a wonderful gift it is that our Savior does Live. What that means for you individually:) I know because He lives, we can live too. We can live to our fullest capacity and potential on this earth, and we can live again when this life is over:) I know because He lives, I am never alone. That He is right by my side, walking every step of the way with me:) Because he lives, I can truly live:) I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen!! have a great easter week and Happy Conference!!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment