Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, May 18, 2015

Hellooooooooooo Family!!:) How the heck are you? How is everyone? I hope ya all had a great week!:) Last week without me....so you better enjoy it while you still can;) Oh goodness I don't even know where to start.... GOOD NEWS!!! First....We got 2 people set for baptism here in our area this week!!!!:) Their names are Marisol and Carlos:) They are 2 10 year olds:) They are so special! It has been sooo cool teaching them! I love teaching kids:) its my favorite! We also helped them plant a garden this week:)
REALLY GOOD NEWS! So I was calling people in past areas to try and get them to departing testimonies and I called a past investigator. We were really really close....I invited her then we just got talkin. I asked her if she had still been goin to church and things. She said yes. I then felt super prompted to set her for baptism....ha So I did. I asked her if she would be baptized on June 13th....and SHE SAID YES!!!!!!!!! haha soooo cool!! We talked about things she needed to do in order to make that date...she was all for it. I told her I would call the Elders in her area and have them help her get there. She said she would love that. So I called the Elders and told them. They freaked out they were so happy!!!! They had told me how they had been praying so hard for a miracle to happen with her because they had tried everything and she just wasn't havin it yet. haha sooo cool! I just talked to the Elders a couple days ago and they said she is doing AMAZING and will make it on June 13th!!! SO FAMILY!!!! when we come out here and visit WE CAN SEE HER GET BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):) She begged me to make it there!!! We gotta somehow get there!!! Its in Hastings!!!:)
Another cool story! Sooo we got a call from this lady this week sayin her boyfriend went to the hospital and her house is a disaster and she is so overwhelmed and just needs help. She said that her son used to meet with missionaries and that's how she knew to call us. So we went over with some YSA friends we gathered and ended up deep cleanin this ladys trailer. She was a mess. It was so sad. Afterwards you could just see the relief on her face. It was sooo awesome to be able to help her. We then gave her a BOM and felt prompted to share a verse on how angels are still real and miracles have not ceased, in Moroni 7. She started sobbing and saying "Holy cow you guys really are from God!!! and then she went on and told us that her boyfriend used to tell her whenever she sees pennies on the ground that it means the angels are right there with you and wanting you to know that they are thinking of you. She then told us she had found a stash of pennies that day:) and how sometimes there are angels on the other side there with us to help us through....or sometimes God uses us as His angels as well:) She then told us she knew we were directly sent from God and really wants to hear what we have to tell her:) So she became a new investigator and we are goin back and seein her this week:) Sooo cool!!! Ok ONE MORE AWESOME THING!!!! We got to meet Elder Dallin H. Oaks yesterday!!!! It was so cool cuz as missionaries in the Kearney Stake we got to usher. Sister Lambert and I were just standin in the middle of the hall talkin when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and it was Him!! He said, "Hey Sister Missionary!!! whats your name?" haha I told him then he asked where I was from. He then said, "ohhh I know where Highland is. That's a great place!!! I love it there." He then just kept his hand on my shoulder and talked to Sister Lambert. I wasn't really payin attention though because the whole time his hand was on my shoulder...I just felt whole. I felt so much peace and comfort. He had answered a prayer in such a simple way. He literally spoke to me like God would've. I have been so nervous about coming home....so nervous of the unknown in what lies ahead...and my Heavenly Father knew that. He knew that this was somethin that has been bothering me....and He sent an apostle of the Lord to just tell me how beautiful and how much he loved Highland just so I could feel peace. It was soo small and simple that it didn't even cross Elder Oaks mind..... but it meant the world to me:) that's how God works. He answers our prayers constantly, daily,....we just gotta recognize them. They are there. Just sometimes they are so small you could miss it if you aren't lookin hard enough. There just are no coincidences:)
Well I am really running out of time......But I just want all of you to know that I know that God loves us. I know He is so aware of each of us individually. I know He answers our prayers. Sometimes its a yes. Sometimes its a no. but many times its a "Lets wait awhile and see if you will still trust me." Elder James E Talmage explained that "In mercy the Father sometimes delays the granting that the asking may be more fervent." Sometimes when the answers to our prayers are deliberately delayed, it is the Lords way of saying " Why don't you show me how much you care, so that I can show you how much I care?" He knows that the more we plead, the sweeter the joy will be when the heavens do finally open to us. The Lords "no's" are merely preludes to an even greater "yes". (Putting on the armor of God.) I know this to be true with all my heart. I know this church is the Church of God. It is sooo obvious. His works are manifested EVERYWHERE in it. There are miracles that happen every day in this gospel. This gospel has the power to change lives. I have seen it change lives...including my own. The reason it has that power...is because it is Gods power. I know that heaven isn't far away at all. I have seen and felt angels right next to me. I know that this is Gods work because I have felt his enabling power every day. I know that 2 people can overcome anything if 1 of them is God. and I know that Gods love has the power to fix, change, heal, overcome ANYTHING. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. I love you all so very much. Thank you for absolutely everything. Thank you for your love, for your support, and most of all for the prayers. They have made all the difference. I love you so much!!!!! :) Talk to you next week....or I guess I can say...See you next week:) Love, Sister Wilson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment