Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, September 29, 2014

September 22, 2014

Heyyyy Family!!!:) Hope ya all are doin good!!:) Hope ya had a good week! We had a really good week! So I would like all of you to know that I now have a hunting guide pocket book...so I now know how to gut and butcher any animal and cook it all up real good and yummy:) Yea...Brother B bought me one and is gonna have me practice after everytime they go huntin so when I get home ill be pro and make the meanest deer steak anyones ever had!:) (Mom and Dad....you should be proud parents.) umm hmm what else can I tell ya about this week....OH soo we have a less active we been workin with...shes 16 and me and her have become like sisters! I LOVE her. She has been strugglin really bad....major family issues....anyways this past week she ended up overdosing REAL bad on drugs and about died....luckily she survived but shes doin good since then!! She has had us come over and be with her ever since it happened. Hopefully this wakes her up to everything that's been goin on in her life...and she will begin to accept the gospel back into her life:) We have seen slight changes already!! She came to church on sunday and sat next to me and wouldn't talk to anybody else cuz she feels so judged there...its so sad...but hey progress! She came to church!:)
Ohhh so we are meetin with this couple who are TOTAL rednecks. ah I love them!!! They are my kinda people!! haha but anyways...I asked C to pray for us and he threw a huge fit sayin he couldn't and wouldn't and makin up all these lame excuses....anyways I tricked him into signing a contract he would pray...sooo I showed him the contract and said he better not back out on his word...haha he was moanin and groanin and said he refused to do it so me and my comp and his wife all folded our arms and closed our eyes and waitied 10 mins in total silence till finally he prayed:) haha he said, "Dear Lord...I don't know what your gonna do with these girls....but you sure as heck (he didn't actually say that word!) better do somethin! 3 against 1 just aint fair! Yer a man...why cant you be on my side??" haha then he went on to say the most amazing prayer. It was soo sweet and so sincere and humble. Honestly....it was one of the coolest prayers I have ever heard. The spirit was so strong and it touched every single one of us in that room. Afterwards....he had tears in his eyes and said, "Thanks for pesterin me so bad to do that. I haven't prayed in years....now I can again." :) SEEE mom and Dad....its ok that Im annoying :) Sometimes it actually pays off:) haha Well that's all I got time to tell ya about today, but real fast before I go I been studyin a lot on faith this week and how we go about obtaining more faith to see more miracles. It says in the scriputres that Faith is a gift from God. But I really do believe that He doesn't just give it to us cuz we ask....He gives it to us depending on our efforts to do His will. Depending on how willing we are to do all He asks. If we ask for faith, then that's acting. But the more and more effort we put into strengthening our faith...the stronger and stronger our faith will become. Faith is an action word right? So if we want more faith....we gotta do our Heavenly Fathers will:) Strong faith is developed by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ; in other words, faith comes by righteousness. that simple. :) If ya think about it...all the principles and ordinances of the gospel are in a sense invitations to learning the gospel by the practice of its teachings. No person can know the principle of fasting until he fasts. No person can know the principle of tithing until he pays his tithing. and no person can know the principle of faith until he tests his faith. We learn the gospel by living it:) (part of that quote is from President Harold B Lee:))
and this last quote I really loved from President Spencer W Kimball:) he says "Faith must be tested. If all the sick were healed, if all the righteous were protected and the wicked destroyed, the whole program of the Father would be annulled...and the basic principle of free agency would be ended...if joy and peace and rewards were instantaneously given the doer of good, there could be no evil...there would be no test of strength, no development of character, no growth of powers, free agency...there would also be an absence of joy, success, resurrection, eternal life, and god hood." Anyways I loved that:) The reason our faith is tested is so that we can truly become what our Heavenly Father needs us to become:) Heavenly Father loves us sooo much ....more than He loves our temporal happiness at times. He sees the eternal perspective. When our faith is tested...we usually aren't pretty happy about that....but don't get mad or upset with God about that....He is just refining you into the person you need to become:) He is just busy at work makin you the happiest in the long run:) and just know that after every trial of faith...theres always a miracle up ahead!!:) I love you guys sooo much!! Hope you have a wonderful week!!!:) Love, Sister Wilson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment