Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Hey Family!! Sorry I didn't get to email ya all yesterday! Hope ya all had a good labor day! Well this week was FULL of miracles. I really don't even know how to begin to tell ya! So I don't know if I mentioned last week that we met this lady who was a wicken (witch) and about to commit suicide? Well we "accidently" ran into her again this week...she saw us and invited us inside her friends house and begun to tell us how much our visit last week meant to her. She said she has been prayin to find us again all week. She said we literally saved her life and were angels God sent to her! It was amazing! She asked us to share our message with her! She took a BOM and asked if if she could come to church with us! haha crazy cool! Another cool experience was we were walkin out from seein a less active family and this lady walked out of a different apartment room and so we all walked down the apartment hall together. So naturally I just started talkin to her, getting to know her and before ya know it she starts askin us all sorts of questions about our missions. She was amazed teenagers would go on a mission haha she got real serious and asked, "Well what are you doin right now? where you gonna go?" I said, "Well we will go and find someone who wants to hear our message...unless YOU wanna hear our message?" She goes, "Yes please! Come in please!" Ha so we went inside and she ends up tellin us she has been lookin for "somethin" all this time...she didn't know what she was lookin for but this just feels right! It feels soo good she said! We gave her a BOM. She wanted to come to church. She asked TONS of questions. It was really cool! She also told us that she knew without a doubt that she didn't meet us by coincidence. Shed been prayin for somethin...and here we came along. Ha so cool...and another cool thing is a member family told us they had been prayin for some investigator their age we could find that they could fellowship, they said they KNEW we would find her before this week was up. We found her Saturday night at 8! haha perfect timing! Crazy cool miracle! a lot of other really cool stuff happened but I got no time!:( Some day ill tell ya all everything!)
Well before I go....lately I really been thinkin a lot about becoming more like our Savior. I really really want to be that kind of person. I want to be the kind of person where His purposes are my purposes. They should be that way. His interests should be our interests. His work should be our work. His way should be our ways. And His Will increasingly should become our will. But how do we become like that? How do we make his purposes our purposes? We all know we need to become more like our Savior, we know we need to submit our will to Him, we know we need to do as he would do...but what we don't really know and are all tryin to figure out is HOW? How do we become like Christ? I think the first step is to have the desire to become like Him. I would go as far as to say that desire could be the same as faith. If you desire to be like Christ then you start havin faith that you could become like Him. Even if that faith is small...its definitely somethin to work with. In order to become like Christ we need to strengthen our faith so we can accomplish this. So how do we strengthen our faith? In PMG theres this paragraph that I love, it says, "Your faith will increase through diligent study, prayer, dedicated service, and obedience to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and the commandments. Your faith in Jesus Christ grows as you become better acquainted with Him and His teachings. As you explore the scriptures and search them, you learn of His ways, His love for all people, and His commandments." I love what it promises, that as we strengthen our faith you become better acquainted with Him and you learn His ways, which is what we ultimately want. It said multiple times in that quote that in order to strengthen our faith we need to read and study the scriptures. We need to treasure up the words of Christ. right? So then I was thinkin....what does it mean if you truly treasure somethin? Lets say I really treasure chocolate chip cookies....cuz I do...we all know this. But since I treasure these...am I just gonna walk right past them everytime I see them? HECK NO. Im gonna go straight to them cookies ANYtime I can!! Anytime Im sad....those cookies are what I turn too. They are the first thing on my mind when I walk in the door! That's how we should feel about the words of Christ. We should want to go straight to them anytime we can. We turn to them when we are strugglin. That we desire to have as much knowledge from them as we can. Ok sorry that was a dumb analogy but I been thinkin a lot about chocolate chip cookies lately..haha so it came to me. In Matt 6:21-24 it talks about where our treasure is there will our hearts be also. If our treasure is in treasuring up the words of Christ then that's where our heart will be, or where our focus will be. and like in the end of that scripture that our heart and focus can only be to one master at a time. Either our heart and focus is on God and becoming more like Him or our focus is on man and becoming more like the natural man. Treasuring up the words of Christ is more than just studying or memorizing, just as "feasting upon the words of Christ" is more than just simply snacking or sampling. I think when you really treasure something that it becomes a part of who you are. (just like when you eat a cookie it literally becomes a part of who you are:)) No but Elder Bednar said this about treasuring up, "Treasuring up suggest to me focusing and working, exploring and absorbing, pondering and praying, applying and learning, valuing and appreciating, and enjoying and relishing." I think the more we understand Christ, the more we learn of Him, and about Him, the more our faith will increase and the more will be able to be like Him, our perfect example. Anyways, sorry I just went off there but I just love that. We can't become like the Savior, without the Savior. We need to utilize the Atonement every day if we want to become like Him. I really am gonna try harder this week to become closer and closer to my savior, closer to becoming LIKE my savior. I love you all soo much and am so grateful for all you do for me! You are in my prayers daily!!! Have a wonderful week and be safe!!:) I love you!!! Love, Sista Wilson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment