Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, September 8, 2014

Hey Family!!! Hope your all doin well! This week was really good! A lot of different stuff happened...on Tuesday night me and Sister F went over to the B and butchered a deer! They had just gotten the deer yesterday huntin so he taught us how to do EVERYTHING. It was soo much fun! Later this week we ate the deer steaks wrapped in bacon we made! It was soo good! but that night we got home and I had deer ticks all over me! Haha Brother B did too! It was probably cuz we were all up in the deer and covered in blood. But seriously so much fun.
We also had a bunch of miracles this week! We went on exchanges to C and S's house and taught them a really powerful lesson on the Restoration. We were all cryin. The spirit was there soo strong. But...one downfall, this lesson was outside on the front porch for an hour and a half at 8 at night. We got eaten alive by bugs!!! My legs are COVERED but hey, the lesson was AMAZING so it was worth it! :) It was just Satan in bug form tryin to ruin the lesson...but hey they even came to church on sunday!!!!:) Anyways lots of other crazy things happened but that's all I got time for this week! Well this week Ive really been studyin and thinkin about true conversion and what it will do to the rest of our lives if we really are truly converted. We live in a crazy world, and the decisions which we are to make on a daily, or even hourly basis, have eternal consequences. The decisions we make in our lives will determine what happens to us later. It really made me think how deeply converted am I? Do I know of a surety that this is all true? That this is the true church? I have really thought about it everytime I teach and it is AMAZING. I truly can say with all my heart that I do know this is Christs true and only church on the earth today. If any of you do not yet have a firmly rooted testimony that the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the kingdom of God on the earth, now is the time to do what it takes to gain that testimony! Ive seen so many missonaires and investigators just start NOW to gain that testimony and have seen how much it truly has changed and affected their lives already! True conversion is more than just havin a knowledge of the gospel. It is possible to have a testimony of the gospel without living it. But being truly converted means we are acting upon what we believe and allowing it to create a mighty change in us, or in our hearts. Conversion is a process, not an event. You become converted as a result of righteous efforts to follow the Savior. It takes time, effort, and work. To become converted you have to LIVE it even if you dont have a strong testimony of it yet. You have to sacrifice (this all takes a lot of faith) Then "ye will receive a witness after the trial of your faith." You will become converted and KNOW with all your heart.
Conversion takes places as we are diligent about sayin our prayers, studyin scriptures, attending church, bein worthy to participate in temple ordinances. Conversion comes as we live pure lives and always strive to be worthy to have the holy ghost with us. Conversion comes as we come to understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ, acknowledge Him as our Savior and Redeemer and allow the atonement to take effect in our lives. Theres a scripture in 3 Nephi 9:13 where it says if we become converted then He can heal us. I really do believe that. The more and more I come to know of a surety and gain a stronger testimony everyday....the more whole I feel. The more peace and happiness I feel. Becoming converted truly does heal you....even when you think you didn't need to be healed in the first place. I want all of you to know that I KNOW the Lord is mindful of me and what I stand in need of. These needs include everything. My physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. In every situation we have a choice to make as to how we handle it. We can feel sorry for ourselves or we can turn to the Lord for comfort and understanding and become converted and healed. One last quote I loved is by Elder Jefferey R. Holland. "In the gospel of Jesus Christ you have help from both sides of the veil and you must never forget that. When disappointment and discouragement strike...you remember and never forget that if our eyes could be opened we would see horses and chariots of fire as far as the eye can see riding at reckless speed to come to our protection." I love that. Please never forget that the Lord is mindful of you individually. He will HELP you become truly converted. He will help you gain that peace. If you are struggling to maintain your testimony and you just don't quite KNOW for sure this is all true....please just hold on a little longer. Please just put more effort into it and I PROMISE God will help you feel for yourself and know for yourself it is all true. And remember there are legions of angels surrounding you to help you gain that as well. I love you all more than I could ever explain!!! Have a wonderful week and know you are in my prayers!!! I love you!! Love, Sister Wilson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment