Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, February 2, 2015

Hey Family!!:) How are you doing?:) Have you been gettin lots of snow there? How was the super bowl? haha man.....that was real hard to find anyone to teach!!! it better had been worth it dangit!!!:) Well this week was good for us! more miralces!!! andddd we got tons of snow!:) at the beginning of the week it was, no lies, 70 degrees!!! now its -14 wind chill and FREEZING!!! the weather here is insane. ok sooo I have no time this week so this will be a super short email, but Ill just hurry and share 2 cool experiences that happened. 1. Sooo we got a referral from church headquarters and so we went and contacted it the other day. It was on the college campus so we couldn't get in, without being let in. We were super bummed cuz we didn't get a number for her...just her address. So we were real sad cuz there was no way we would be able to contact her ever. Well we were about to leave and this girl that we knew walked by!!! We asked her if she could let us in and if she knew how we could contact this girl where it would be legal and not be breaking any trespassing rules at the college haha....she said "Oh that's my neighbor, Ill go with you!" soooo we all went and contacted her!! she was super open to listening!! her best friend was a Mormon and went on a mission and she is the one who referred her to church headquarters. :) She is super prepared and really interested in taking the discussions:) She already had a BOM and had loved it but had lost it so we gave her another one:) We are so excited to be working with her:) It was really cool that God took that situation into his hands and made it all work out so that we could contact her:) 2. We also had the opportunity to go and teach our investigators who only speak Spanish this week!!! We brought our ward mission leaders wife and man it was such a powerful lesson!!!! The spirit was soo strong!!!! Its so cool cuz we are both able to understand the whole lesson and whats going on....but I just cant speak back to them!! But at the end Sister V asked me to bear my testimony the best I could in Spanish....so I did. (They have been teaching me Spanish so I could try) So I tried to bear my testimony...haha it was super rough....I stumbled through all of it and didn't speak it right....but the spirit was there. That's all that matters. After I finished, S looked up at me with tears in her eyes and said "Gracias". (yes I actually did understand that part) After the lesson, Sister V told me that after I bore my simple testimony that S said to her that she really believed this could be true...she felt something and felt it everytime we came over and just wanted to learn more. It was sooo cool. It was such a testimony to me that if we just try...and open our mouths,....that even though we may not say the right things, or make no sense at all really.....He can change our weak attempts to miracles. He can have the spirit work through our feeble attempts. God can make us, his weak servants, into His strong disciples.
I have learned so much throughout my entire mission just how involved the Lord is in each of our lives! He is always there, blessing us, his children, with tender mercies. Elder Bednar once said, "The lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ." I think its so important that we truly take the time to notice the tender mercies the Lord blesses us with. It will help us feel of His love for us more strongly, and also help us just be happier in this life. We just need to recognize what tender mercies are, and then we will recognize just how much the Lord is involved in our lives. One of the ways the Savior comes to each of us is through tender mercies. Elder Bednar explained more about tender mercies....he said, "For instance, as we face challenges and test in our lives, the gift of faith and sense of personal confidence that reaches beyond our own capacity are two examples of the tender mercies of the Lord. Repentance and forgiveness of sins and peace of conscience are example of tender mercies. The persistence and the fortitude that enable us to press forward with cheerfulness through physical limitations and spiritual difficulties are examples of the tender mercies of the Lord." "The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to forify and protect us in the trouble times in which we do now and will yet live." We need to realize that tender mercies do not occur randomly or by coincidence. So how do we invoke tender mercies in our lives? By faithfullness, by obedience, and by our humility. These are what invite tender mercies into our lives. They are available to ALL OF US, even those of us who don't feel worthy of them. We are all Gods children, and he loves each of us, therefore He will give each of us His tender mercies:) I know this to be true because I have seen sooo many in my life, even at times where I haven't felt worthy of them. I love you family!!! Have a great week!!! and notice the tender mercies!!:) Love, Sister Wilson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment