Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, February 16, 2015

Hey Family!!! How has your week been? I hope you all had a great Valentines day!! I love and miss ya all sooo much!!:) Well we had a really good week!! Ahh so many miralces...I say that every week but its da truth!!!!! I just love being a missionary!!! soo sooo much!! But ok sooo we were gone out of our area a whole lot this week. We had zone trainings in North Platte and in Grand Island so we were on exchanges for a couple days with our sisters and had to train in those meetings! We were exhausted when we finally got home to Kearney. But everyone is just so amazing, we didn't even have to make appointments, our investigators texted us setting up appointments!!!! The work is progressing so much even though we aren't even here!!! God just makes miracles happen!:) Ok soooo the R family I was tellin ya bout last week....WOW. They came to church again this week!!!! They came to the Ward Valentines Party and we have had them over at a members house 2 different times this week!!! They are soo prepared!! They listen so intently to every word we say (probably cuz they cant understand my Spanish.......haha). Its just such a priveledge being able to teach them. So I will tell you about our lesson we had with them last. It was awesome. We followed up with the Restoration and then started talking about the Plan of Salvation. (Thanks to my Al pal Peterson I used the visual aid thing she sent me and man it helped SOO much!!!) It was real spiritual and they asked a ton of inspired questions that the spirit was able to just testify through us over and over again. Ah it was awesome. Then towards the end we invited them to be baptized. They stopped and looked at eachother with tears in their eyes....then asked if we could all kneel down together and pray to know if this was the right thing. (yup....they are amazing) So we all knelt down and held hands and they prayed and asked God if it was the right thing for them to do. The spirit filled the whole room. We all just sat there...In heaven...pretty sure;) and then they stood up and looked at eachother and said yes they would shoot to be baptized on March 7th:) :):):) Gosh I cant even tell you how amazing it is to see what this gospel does to people. Their whole countenances just change!!! Its amazing how willing and close people are to the spirit and that they recognize this is from God, and will do anything to come closer to Him. It really strengthens my testimony each time. I just know this is Gods true church, and that every principle in it is there for a reason and brings us closer to Him if we just will choose to live it. Anyways, a lot of other great things are happening!!! E's cousin told us this week she wants to be baptized as well!! haha but shes not progressing as well as we would like her too. haha.....we are kinda worried its cuz she likes our branch mission leader L. Haha. He's 23 and comes on team ups with us to see her cuz hes the branch mission leader right?? Well the past 2 times hes come with us....She gets real distracted and doesn't really pay attention to the lesson. So we booted L and told him he cant come anymore haha hopefully things will move forward with her and she can feel the spirit and not be distracted;) haha gosh. Well this week I decided I was going to focus my studies on how I can change my heart. Then the topic we got asked to train on in zone trainings was how the Book of Mormon changes our heart:) Haha answer to prayer? heck yes. But in the way I wanted it to be answered? HECK Nope!! haha but God sure knows what we need most, and He also knows the way we need to learn things best:) So in Mosiah 5:2 it talks about how a change of heart is that you don't desire to do evil, and want to do good continually. Well its not necessarily that I want to do evil....haha but I just don't feel like my heart and my intentions are always in the right place. A change of heart is a process of perfecting our motivations and intentions. So that's exactly what I need to do, but how does one go about changing their heart? Well basically what I believe it comes down too is that a changed heart is one that does everything out of a pure intention to show their love to Christ. When every decision, every thought, every action, is made to show your love for Him, your heart is changed. Its perfected. Well how the heck do we get to that point where all we do is out of love for Christ?? well really its the simple things. The quest for a "change of heart" begins with a sincere desire. It comes through the quiet influence of the Holy Ghost. It doesn't come all at once, it will continually be changing through experiences that we have in life. Our heart changes as our willingness to serve increases, it changes as we make decisions to keep commandments, it changes as we serve others, as we pray and align our will to Gods, as we study the scriptures and apply what they teach into our own lives, and as we attend church and hear others testimonies. Evidence of our heart changing is when we walk away from things with a determination to try a little harder to be better. That's not so bad!!! I can handle that;) haha I just know that as we try and purify our inmost parts of our heart that we can feel Gods love so much more personal and real. That we can feel true Joy in our lives, and that we can look forward with faith in knowing we are trying our best to become more like our loving Savior and Best friend.:) In the end, where our heart is, is really all that matters. Our hearts are what the Lord looks on, its what we will be judged on one day, and I just really want my heart to be in the right place. If your hearts in the right place, then everything else just follows suit.:) I love you all so much and know that if we just take the time to read the BOM daily for even just a couple minutes, that it has the power to change our heart. A quote I love says, "The Book of Mormon is our handbook of instructions as we travel the pathway from bad to good to better and strive to have our hearts change" I say these things in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ, Amen:) Have a great week!!!:) Love, Sister Wilson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment