Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, February 9, 2015

Hey Family!!!:) How has your week been?? Dare bear! HAPPY BIRHTDAY!!! ew your 17. That's old. Hope you liked the video of me and the YSA singing to you!!:) just know...I DID remember your birthday! Well this week was crazy!! haha I always say that but this time FO REAL. So Tuesday we had exchanges with some of our sisters and a member from the Stake Presidency called me and asked if I would give a training in this priesthood training meeting they were havin that night. He said that all the Stake Presidency, all the bishops, high group leaders, elders quorums presidents, etc would be there and we would be the only girls....so we could train then leave. And it would be broadcasted to everywhere. I got real scared. I didn't even have my companion!!! Sooooo poor Sister C had to do it with me!!! haha which was ironic cuz her goal for that exchange was to "eliminate all fear" haha God sure helped us accomplish that goal!!:) It ended up turning out really good:) We knew it was inspired for us to do it, and we were able to teach by the spirit and not be nervous!!! It was an awesome experience, one that I will never forget:) Another amazing miracle was we found this Spanish family who is SUPER prepared to hear the gospel!!! Sister L and another sister found them street contacting and gave them a BOM on exchanges...but couldn't talk to them cuz they only speak spanish!!! So the next day, me and Sister Lutz went over and were able to teach them the restoration!!! (the best we could) We watched the Restoration video in Spanish so that helped a whole lot!!:) But her husband came home while we were watching it and was upset askin us what we were selling their family. We explained (in the best Spanish we could) that we were just missionaries and hear to share a message about Christ with them. He sat down watched the movie, and heard us testify afterwards of the Book of Mormon. THEN A MIRACLE HAPPENED...ya ready??? He started tearing up.....big old Mexican man,.....started to cry and said "I been lookin how to bring my family closer to God....and God just told me He's answering my prayer." :):):):):) we gave him a BOM and testified like crazy. He asked us where our church was and promised to come on sunday. They invited us to come on Saturday to teach us more before church. (remember this is all in Spanish...so this whole experience is a flippin miracle!!!) We came back on Saturday and they had read some of the BOM, had questions, and we tried to answer them. The spirit was sooo strongly there!!! We weren't able to get a Spanish speaker to come with us so we prayed like crazy all would go well and it did!!! At the end of the lesson, they followed us to church so they could know where the church was exactly:) haha then the next day, the Dad came to church!!!!! HE LOVED IT!!! he was raving about it afterwards and sooo excited to go back and bring his family!! we had a ward member translate for him the whole time and now today we are eating dinner with this ward members family and their whole family!!!:) It is sooo cool being able to teach a whole family who don't know anything about Christ!!!!:) It is such a priveledge!!! And to be able to teach them in Spanish!!!
Ok sooo cool thing about that!!! I got a blessing the other night because my throat has not been likin me so much!! And in the blessing he said that I have been blessed with the gift of tongues to share the gospel!!!! and that it would continue to increase!!! HOW COOL IS THAT??? Its been such a miracle cuz we have no Spanish missionaires up here but we are finding soo many prepared Hispanics!!! Our ward mission plans goal is to have a Spanish group here by the end of next transfer!! I am soo excited!!:) and so grateful Heavenly Father is helpin me be apart of this!! Sooooo many other miralces happened this week....we were in Omaha for a missionary leadership training meetings and we had 2 exchanges this week so we weren't in our area a whole lot, but the Lord blessed us with so many lessons when we were here, and with sooo many cool miralces. Another cool thing was, on exchanges in Grand island, we were teachin this investigator and her boyfriend and he was just being really rude. He was just yelling and throwing all sorts of Anti at me and this missionary who is still pretty new...(only been out a couple months) He was yelling at us and tellin us we were liars and didn't know anything and askin all these crazy questions....and it was cool cuz we were able to be so calm and the spirit told me exactly what to tell this man to leave us alone:) Afterwards we actually had a good lesson with the girl again:) haha hopefully she dumps this dude. He aint cool.
Well I cant even begin to tell you guys how much my testimony continues to strengthen each day. I just am so priveledged to be learning SOO much!!!:) I feel like my brain is just gonna explode from so much knowledge! But all that the gospel really comes down to is the basics. All the knowledge in the world...just backs up the basics. So we just learn the basics,....stick with the basics, and throughout our lives just learn more about the basics to help you have a stronger testimony of that specific principle!! One basic that truly is the most powerful principle we can ever learn is Prayer. We need to stop and think and truly understand that when we pray, we are talking to GOD. To our creator, to the creator of all, the One who comprehends and understands all, the One who is the master of everything. When we truly understand that, and that we are talking to HIM, then our prayers might change a bit. We might begin to realize what a priveledge and blessing it is to pray. We need to also understand that even though He is the most powerful being, the most perfect being, and the One who is in control of all, He is also our LOVING, Father. He is our Dad. When we understand that He loves us as His own. We are his own. When we truly comprehened that He loves us sooo much more than we could possibly comprehend, then our prayers will also change. They will be more meaningful, more close and personal, they will bring miracles. We need to understand that we can depend on prayer to get through anything. We have the priveledge of reaching out and tapping in to this unseen power, which no man can do by himself. "Prayer will open doors, prayer will remove barriers, prayer will ease pressures, prayer will give inner peace and comfort during times of stress and difficulty. There is no place for fear among those who place their trust In God and who do not hesitate to humble themselves in seeking diving guidance through prayer." (I don't know where this quote came from....haha) Prayer BRINGS MIRACLES. Theres a poem that I love, it says, "I know not by what methods rare, But this I know God answers prayer, I know that He has given His word, wich tells me prayer is always heard, and will be ansered, soon or late, And so I pray and calmly wait, I know not if the blessing sought will come in just the way I thought But leave my prayers with Him alone, whose will is wiser than my own, assured that He will grant my quest, or send some answer far more blest." -Eliza M Hickok I just know that if we try to understand our relationship with our Heavenly Father better, that our prayers will improve soo much more and we will be able to see more miralces in our lives, and feel the comfort and peace of knowing how we are never alone. That we have the most powerful being as our loving Father and best friend. There is no knowledge greater than knowing that. Knowing that can change your life.:) I love you all soo much and cant thank you enough for your love and support!! And remember that satan tries to limit our prayers, cuz he knows our prayers limit him!!! I LOVE YOU!! Have a great week! Love, Sister Wilson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment