Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, January 26, 2015

Hey Family!!:) How was your week?? I hope Dad had the best birthday week ever!!! and didn't get too many gray hairs ;) Well life here is AMAZING. Wow I just love this area, my comp, and the people here SOO much. Heavenly Father really is spoiling me!!! I am so beyond grateful!! I don't have much time this week so I will try and share as much as I can!:) We had a couple awesome things happen this week!:) So we have been tryin to find through our former investigators in the area book and have seen a lot of success from it lately!! We have 3 new progressing investigators from it now!!! They are just more prepared this time!!! Its so cool how God just leads you to those who are prepared for the gospel:) He truly is in every phase of this work, because it is HIS work:) We also have been getting SOOO many referrals from the members!!! its CRAZY. The YSA IS GREAT!! They all are constantly calling us sayin "Hey I invited a friend to church, can you introduce yourselves and come to my place and teach them the gospel?" haha sundays ARE jam packed full because of the 2 different wards we attend and all the meetings and all the member present lessons!!! its a miracle!!:) The members here are fantastic examples of member missionaries:) They do all the finding, all we do is show up and teach the gospel:) And the best part is, these people are so much more prepared to hear the gospel because they have a solid friend to help them along the way. The members bear powerful testimony and you can just see how much it affects them to hear their friends testimony:) All we do is simply share the gospel, the members do the actual work:) Well things are honestly going sooo soo great!!! I am happier then ever:) We see so many miracles everyday, and the work is really hastening!! But one miracle I would like to share with you guys this week is what happened earlier this week. So me and Sister L were drivin to go and try a former investigator...we were both distracted by tryin to find the address that we took a right at a light and there was a car coming and we didn't see it. Sister L slammed on the brakes. Time felt like it completely froze. The car should've hit us cuz we completely slammed on the brakes but the next thing we realized was we were in the parked on the side of the road. We both looked at each other super confused cuz Sister Lutz had slammed on the brakes and we just didn't realize how the heck we got to the side of the road?.....we both thought we were delusional and just were super confused and weirded out so we continued on finding the former investigators. That night me and Sister L got into a super deep conversation after we said our prayers that night. We had both really prayed deeply about repenting fully about little things and being completely clean so that the Lord could work through us more effectively because we would be a pure and clean vessel. Afterwards we were discussing different ideas and thoughts we had received during our prayers when this huge overwhelming spirit filled the room. We both sat there in silence and holy cow I have never felt a feeling that strong before. I knew without a single doubt Jared was there. Then Sister Lutz said, "Sister Wilson, Jared protected us from that car tonight. I know that." We both were so confused and the whole situation made no sense....but in that moment, because we had completely purified ourselves before the Lord, the Lord allowed us to have a clear perspective and receive powerful revelation to us. I learned a lot of other amazing things that night....and it just really helped me have a powerful testimony of repenting daily so that the Lord can work through us more powerfully. I know if we make an effort to repent daily, that answers to our prayers will come. That we will be able to be an effective tool in the Lords hands, and that we will see miracles in our lives. Anyways sorry this is kinda a continuation of what I said last week, but hey we learn by repetition right?:) Also, sorry I didn't say much else!! I have no time this week! but I just want each of you to know I love you so much and you are each constantly in my prayers!!!! Thanks for all you do!!:) Love, Sister Wilson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment