Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, January 12, 2015

Hey Family!!! How was your week?? ITS MOMS BIRTHDAY WEEK! haha soo sad I am missin that;) Boys, you know what that means....you HAVE to do everything she says or else youll hear her say, "But its my birthday week..." ALLLLL WEEEK! haha ohhhh I miss you mommy!! I hope you have the BEST birthday week EVER!!!!!:) Well this week was SOO good!!! We were able to go to Grand Island and do some exchanges with some of our sisters down there and we gave a training in Grand Island's zone training. Then we traveled to North Platte where we did more exchanges with sisters and then trained in their zone training.....Ha I got really sick during that training and had to make up a roleplay for everyone to do and then ran to the bathroom...haha I was able to finish the training and no one knew I was sick till afterwards!!! haha whew...barely pulled it off!!!:) I was sick the rest of the day though....even though we were on exchanges....ha made for quite a long week!! We then finally came back to our area and had more sisters come to our area for exchanges....I still wasn't feelin the greatest sooo it was definitely a LONG hard week but man we saw SOOO many miracles:)
One miracle we had was a couple nights ago we were meetin L our YSA branch mission leader at Wendy's. He was just comin from wrestling and had to grab his phone charger at his apartment so he texted and said he would be late. We decided to go into Wendy's and pulled out our scriptures and started readin em. After we had been readin for about 15 mins....this guy came up to us and asked if we were studyin the bible...we ended up tellin him about the book of Mormon and that we are missionaires. He asked if he could pray with us...so we all held hands in the middle of Wendy's and prayed together. He prayed and it was a beautiful prayer....it was so sweet. Afterwards we gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he has really been tryin to learn more about how he can come closer to God and would love to learn the message we have to share! His friend came over too and we gave him A book of Mormon as well and got a return appointment for the next day.:) The next day we gave him a tour of the church and had a lesson in our church with a member from our ward. HOLY COW it went amazing!!! We ended up teachin the Plan of Salvation and at the end of the lesson, he said, "Wow....I have studied all these different religions...learned all these different perspectives and in my head I have come up with what I believed was true...then you explained this and layed it all out in front of me so simply....in 2 seconds...and that's exactly what I had come up with to believe is true. This is true. I know it. can you please teach me more???" HA SOOO COOL!!! So we have another appointment set up with them in a couple of days:) That experience made me think that that if me and my comp would've just sat in Wendy's and relaxed...we wouldn't have been able to see that miracle!! If we are just constantly tryin to improve ourselves and work towards progressing in our lives...that God will bless us for doing so:) Joy in Hebrew means "eternal progression". I find that very interesting. I have noticed that when I truly am tryin to improve my self and progress in my life..even if its just small steps of improvement....that I am the most happy. :)
Welllllll another cool thing!!! Is E...(the girl who got baptized last week) brought her nonmember cousin to church on sunday and we talked with her and gave her a bom and have a return appointment with her!! she now wants to take the lessons with us!!! haha E was sooo surprised by her!!!:) SOOO cool! E is already a missionary and she has been baptized a week!! Shes got such a powerful testimony of this gospel:) its amazing to hear! shes sooo special!!:) Well wow oh wow missions are amazing. I just never ever want to leave.. (sorry Mom and dad......I want to see you sooo bad.....but how about you just come here?:)) but really I am sooo happy here!!! I love the opportunities my Heavenly Father has given me to learn and grow:) I really feel like I have expanded my knowledge of the gospel and most importantly strengthened my testimony of this gospel. The closer I come to my Heavenly Father...the more I realize my potential. And it truly is just the best feeling in the world:) If we are ever down on ourselves and havin a bad day....pray to see yourself as your Father In heaven does....and I promise you will feel better. Hes helped me see myself more clearly when I am struggling. :) I've learned a lot this week about decisions and how I can ensure that I am making the best decisions possible. There was talk this conference from Elder Carlos A Godoy of the Seventy called, "The Lord has a plan for us" In it he talks about 3 principles that we can learn to help us feel confident we have made the right decision. The first.....we need to consider our options with an open mind. Understanding who we are, why we are here, and what the Lord expects from us in this life will help give us the broader vision we need. The 2nd...We need to be prepared for the challenges that will come. Are we willing to pay the price for our decisions? Are we prepared to leave our comfort zones to reach a better place? We are not here in this life just to waste our time, grow old, and die. God wants us to grow and achieve our potential. and the 3rd...We need to share this vision with the people we love. "It is very likely that when we take a certain path, the people we love will be affected, and some will even share with us the results of this choice. Ideally, they should be able to see what we see and share our same convictions. This is not always possible, but when it occurs, the journey is much easier."
Just because things are going well does not mean that we should not from time to time consider whether there might be something better, we should ask ourselves.... If we continue to live as we are living, will all the promised blessings of the Lord be fulfilled? Is there something more I could be doing to just be a little better? I know there is always room for improvement...and when we make the decision to change even the little things to bring us closer to Heavenly Father...we will find even more joy waiting:) Well sorry there was like 5 billion different ideas in there...but hey take what you want from this email:) haha go read that talk!! its amazing!! that whole paragraph was from that talk:) Well I loveyou all sooo much and have a great week!!! mom....have the best birthday week EVER!!! I LOVE YOU!!! Love, Sister Wilson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment