Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, December 1, 2014

Hello Family!!!:) I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving and is 10 times fatter!!!:) I sure am!!!! Woo hoo!!!! :) Im pretty happy about it. :) haha but We had a really good week!!! The General Authority that came to our mission changed things up for exchanges for the leaders! Now, instead of us going on exchanges into our sisters areas....they come on exchanges to our area!!! Which means we have an extra set of sisters in our area every week!!! its AWESOME!!! :) They changed it cuz they want our areas to be model areas for the missionaires and we are supposed to be the best example of carrying out the work. Yea. Pressure. Stress. But hey...miracles happened!!:) So on exchanges we went and did service at this place called "Adopt a pet" and you literally go and play with animals. Thats it. Best service ever!!:) We ended up givin out 2 Boms and findin 2 new investigators and teachin a lesson to one of our investigators that showed up there!!!!:) Haha it was soo cool!!:) Another miracle we had this week was on exchanges we went and taught a powerful lesson about gettin baptized to this investigator who has been investigating FOREVER and a day. We seriously gave it all we got. We invited her to really pray sincerely before she reads the book of mormon if this is the true church and if she should get baptized. On sunday...there was the primary program (of about 5 kids cuz we are in the BEST branch ever) and a lot of it was about baptism. I looked over at Debbie and she was crying. Afterwards, we went and asked her how she liked church....then I asked her how her praying and reading was going.....she looked at us and said, "I need to start mannin up and get some courage and do what I am supposed to do. I need to make some changes in my life...its just really hard cuz Im scared." We told her we would help her all along the way and just bore testimony to her that even though its soo hard...its gonna be so worth it!!!:) AHHH!! Sooo her baptism should be comin up here soon!!!:) We just have been seein so many miralces!! I am so blessed to be able to be apart of the Lords work and just have my testimony be strengthened so much. I know without a single doubt in my mind that this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is the true church. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, and I know that all that really matters in life is becoming who we need to be so we can make it back to our loving Heavenly Father. I really thought I had gained a testimony before I came on my mission. But I now have come to realized that I, or any of us really, have ever really "gained our testimony". I really have come to know that it truly is a process. It isn't a task of a minute, an hour, or a day, or an experience. It isn't once and then done." A process of gathering spiritual light is a quest of a lifetime" (President Uchtdorf) It takes a lifetime....cuz we need it. Our testimony will continue to grow until the day we die. Its up to us to see how strong and how powerful we can make our testimonies. Its frustrating sometimes because it doesn't always come as quickly as we want it too, but It DOES and WILL come. How does it come? By doing the simple basics of prayer and scripture and church. But....we dont just do those things...we live those things. We ask questions and really ponder and figure things out. "Spiritual questions deserve spiritual answers from God" (Elder Niel L. Andersen) The more we seek and ask God and have Him be the One guiding our every day choices...the more answers and guidance we will get from Him:) I just want all of you to know how much I love this gospel. How much I truly have come to know that this is the only way to be happy. Every single one of us looks for ways to be happier. If you look towards our Savior Jesus Christ, I promise you that you will find happiness beyond what you thought possible. It really does solve everything. That I know to be true. I love you all so much and am So grateful for each of you and the part you have played in strengthening my testimony!! I hope you have a wonderful week!! I love youuu! Love, Sister Wilson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment