Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, November 24, 2014

Hey Family!:) How was your week? I hope soooo good! Our week was awesome! We were able to find 4 new investigators by tracting and 3 of them are SUPER solid. We are really excited to see where they go! We've had a couple of lessons with them with members and they are just SO prepared!:) Its amazing how God just puts people in your path to teach! Ha its amazing how He leads us to those who truly want and need this gospel in their lives. We weren't in our area very much at all this week and yet Heavenly Father blesses us with soo much success when we are!! Well this week was zone training week. Which I really used to look forward too...cept not so much now. Haha We had to train in 2 of them! The lincoln zone and our zone. I was REALLLL nervous....we had noo time at all to prepare cuz of all this other stuff goin on and they told us 2 days in advance. Soo we walked into the training (after just plannin it on the drive down) andddd theres President. Yea. I almost cried. As if i wasn't nervous enough already!!!! but it went alright! Everyone was makin fun of me that he showed up to my very first one. But wait. It gets even....worse. The next day we went to go and train in Lincoln..(a completely different training so we also planned that one on the car ride over there) andddd we walk in and theres lovely President AGAIN. He laughed and laughed when He saw my face. He came up to me and just said he was followin me around:) haha so out of all the zones he picked the 2 we were training at to come too! Just my luck!:) but I survived. Its over and all is well again:) On saturday all the leaders in the mission last minute got called to come into Omaha because a General Authority, Elder Martino, wanted to speak with us! So we got to go and learn SOO much from him about leadership. It was AMAZING. He really laid the law down how we were future leaders of the church and needed to be the absolute most obedient, relying on the Lord 100%, and the greatest examples. It was a p.o.w.e.r.f.u.l meeting. I am sooo grateful I was able to go!! Well before I go I wanted to share a couple quotes I really loved from my studies this week:) I really have learned how Christ was such an amazing leader and example to all He came in contact with. I truly want to be able to live my life the way He did. He loved soo selflessly and gave His whole heart to the people around Him. In this way, He was the best example and leader to all who knew Him. There was a quote from President Uchtdorf I wanted to share. He says, "In the end...the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance. Let us open our eyes and see the heavy hearts, notice the loneliness and despair, let us feel the silent prayers of other around us, and let us be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to answer those prayers." I truly want to be able to open my eyes and heart and be so quick to observe the needs of every single person around me, whether it be my companion, the members, the sisters, or our investigators. I want to be so close to the spirit that I will be able to recognize a cry for help before they even know its coming. I just want to give my all to everyone around me and have every person who knows me walk away a happier, uplifted, person because they knew me. The only way I can accomplish this is through Christs enabling power and me striving every day to be just like Him. Another quote I loved was from a leadership quote thing I saw. Not sure who it was by but here it is. "Jesus saw sin as wrong but also was able to see sin as springing from deep and unmet needs on the part of the sinner. This permitted him to condemn the sin without condemning the individual. We need to be able to look deeply enough into the lives of others to see the basic causes for their failures and shortcomings." I LOVED this. Sooo many times we associate people with their sins. But if we truly loved and saw these people as Christ did....we wouldnt look down on them...but our heart would break to see the reasons behind why they do the things they do. If we truly loved people enough to get to know them deep enough....we wouldnt condemn them at all. We would love them soo much more, and then be able to help them because we understand where they are coming from. Anyways sorry that was real confusing...hope it made sense! but I gotta go! I love you SOO much and thanks for all you do!!! Have a wonderful thanksgiving!!!:) I miss you guys soo much! Love ya with all my heart, Sister Wilson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment