Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Thursday, November 13, 2014

November 11, 2014

Hey Family!!!:) How are you?? Well things have been GREAT here!!!:) I honestly feel so blessed. I love love love the sisters I am able to work with. We had an interesting week. We were down in Omaha for lots of meetings with President and the assistants and went on exchanges with the Spanish Sisters in Grand Island. It was sooo fun to go and teach the gospel in spanish!!! cept one thing....i dont speak spanish. haha sooo that was fun! I was able to talk to them in the TINY spanish I do know and thats about all I was good for:) haha it was soo fun though!!! They fed us AMAZING food!!!:) Then in York we have an investigator who only speak spanish but no spanish missionaires...sooo we been tryin to teach him the lessons in the little spanish we know and the little english he knows anddddd he said yes to baptism!!!!! haha even though he doesnt know the lessons AT ALL! He cried and said "yes please baptize me."soo now the spanish elders are comin up to teach him the lessons then he will be baptized!! soo cool that even though there is a huge language barrier...the language of the spirit is universal for us all. Just like how I couldnt do much in the lessons with the spanish sisters.....but I could feel how strongly the spirit was there. That language, every one of us can feel and understand:) Well sorry this email is gonna be short again!! But this week we are havin a mission tour! Brent H. Neilson from the seventy is comin to our mission on thursday and then on friday he is meeting with the STLS and zone leaders and the president on a leadership training!!! how cool is that??? I am SOO excited!!! I love how much we get to work with such amazing leaders and get to learn sooo much!!:) anyways...in preparing for him to come our President wants us to be readin 2 talks by Elder Bednar on the Atonement. (Read them!!! They are "Bear up our Burdens with Ease" in 2013 and "The strengthening and enabling power of the Atonement in 2012" ) Holy cow I have learned soooo much its crazy!!! They are all about how the Atonement and how it is an enabling power. I been thinkin a lot about that and studyin a whole lot more in depth about what the Atonement truly does for us. We all know that Christ came to die for us so we could be forgiven of our sins, but He also came to enliven us, not only guide us but strengthen and heal us. He can strengthen us to be more than we could ever be and help us to do that which we could never do relying only upon our own power. The Atonement enables us to do good and become better in ways that stretch far beyond our mortal capacities. I have truly been able to see this in my life this week. I was really stressed out at the beginning of this week because of all the stuff goin on in the mission and how we are in charge of coordinating and makin it work to get all our sisters to Omaha for the mission tour and also having to fit exchanges in with it all. Plus we have to be preparing trainings and all this other stuff on top and be in our area workin. I honestly felt so overwhelmed and that physically there was NO way I was gonna be able to get all the things done that I needed too. and honestly...there was not enough time to get it all done. And so I had been praying that somehow the situation would change, and we wouldnt have to give a training or we wouldnt have to do something. I prayed He would take something off my plate!!! But then as I was studying in the scriptures I learned that the real problem was I was prayin for the wrong thing. I shouldve been prayin for the strength to deal with it all. I shouldve been praying for the strength to change my situation, not prayin for the situation to change. I was denying myself of the growth, and stuff I couldve learned when I just asked God to take away my burden. In asking Him to give me the strength, He will give me the persistent and personal strength beyond my own natural capacity which will enable me to change my circumstance, while learning and growing in the process:) man....God really is a smart guy isnt He? So this increased capcity or strength that God gave me..... made my burden lighter. Its just like in Mosiah 24 :) All of a sudden I had the strength and the ablitity to accomplish all the things required of me....and holy cow did I learn a whole lot in the process:) His ways are soo much better than our ways. I just pray that we all begin to understand the enabling power of the Atonement in our personal lives, and that we will pray and seek for strength to change our circumstances rather than praying for our circumstances to be changed. I say all this in the name of Jesus Christ Amen,....ha sorry I went missionary on ya,,,,Im done now i promise:) I just love and miss you guys sooo much and cant thank you enough for your love and support! I definetely feel them and it helps sooo much!! If there is anything i can do for you let me know!!I loveyou and will talk to ya next week! Love, Sister Wilson:)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete