Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, November 3, 2014

Hey Family!!!!:) How are ya all doin?? I hope real good!! Sooo a lot of changes happened this week! I stayed in Grand Island for a week in a trio with 2 of my favorite sisters! It was soo fun! We saw a lot of miracles and we were able to commit their investigator to baptism and he said yes!!!:) It was so fun workin with them! Then on Thursday I got a call from President Weston to serve as a Sister Training Leader in York Nebraska! Crazy! I really hope ill be ok at it. But already I have seen why God has called me to be one. I've had 2 sisters call cryin sayin they were strugglin/ wanted to go home and i was able to talk to them!!! God gave me the words to say! I truly didnt know what to say and he just filled my mouth!!! its soooo cool bein able to serve and love missionaires and investigators!!! ahhh i love it and cant wait to see all the growing this calling will do for me!!:) But my new comp was in my old district and she is SOOO christlike and sweet!!! shes an angel. truly. I am gonna learn SOO much from her!!:)
ohhhh my goodness I just LOVE York! so me and my companion, Sister B, live in a members home in Mccool, Nebraska. Yea....MC COOL. The name speaks for it self. The members we live with live on a farm. Yes. A straight up farm. With goats, and horses, and chickens. We get eggs every morning from the chicken coop. I LOVE my life. So we live in a little barn/house thing apart from their house! it is SOOO nice!!!! We basically live in our own home! Ah I just love living there soooo so much!! The spirit is soo so strong there! Its away from everything! Mc Cool is so small that it isnt even a town....its a village!!:) The members we live with are the Byers and they are SOO sweet. I love them so much already!:)
Soooo here it is only a branch!! I am so excited to be able to serve in a branch!! We meet in this little building in a strip mall in Aurora. its sooo small!!! I love it!! anddd the Sister training leader part....gosh that part kinda stresses me out. So we are over 5 sets of sisters and we are able to just love and serve them and go on exchanges with them. I LOVE that part of it! buuuut...theres a lot of meetings and trainings involved as well....and meetings with Stake Presidents, and our mission president a LOT. ha Its gonna be kinda stressful sooo pray for me!!:) Well thats my life right now in a nut shell!! I wanna hear whats goin on at home!!:)
Sorry this email isnt too long...but before I go I wanted to share this quote I heard this week from President Hinckley. He said, "The best antidote I know for worry is work. The best medicine for despair is service. The best cure for weariness is the challenge of helping someone who is even more tired." I love that so much! Cuz to be honest....Imma little worried and weary....I just dont know if I am a good enough missionary to train other missionaires. I just feel really inadequete and know that my own ablilties truly cannot be enough to accomplish all that is required with this calling. How am I supposed to help and love and train other missionaires when I struggle enough myself? How am I supposed to handle goin to all these crazy meetings and work with SUCH amazing strong leaders when I'm just little ole me? Ha all these questions overwhelm me....but I do know that God called me for a reason. He knew that I needed this experience to help me learn and grow...and most importantly learn who I need to CONSTANLTY rely on to make my efforts enough. I know that as I truly make myself as close to God as I can be, by being exaclty obedient and workin my hardest and prayin my guts out...that God will qualify me. I cannot wait to see God take over my life. I know He will make so much more out of me than I ever could. I hope to be a tool in His hands in bringing others closer to Him, and strenghtening and helping fellow missionairies. I love you alll soooo much and if there is anything I can do to help any of you please let me know! You are all in my prayers daily! I love you guys! Have a great week!:) Love, Sister Wilson:) Oh PS... We also drive a jeep. The only jeep in the mission. Life is great!!:) We are sooo lucky and blessed!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment