Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, April 28, 2014

Hey family!! Hope ya all are doin good!! This week was really really good!! So much fun! So to start off...at the beginning of this week we were able to sing at a country music jam session! haha it was SO fun!! Sue had us and a set of elders all sing, "How great thou art" and a couple of others! It was SOO cool!!! and afterwards a bunch of people came up and were talkin to us! We ended up getting 4 new investigators by the end of that night!! 2 of them were small town country singers themselves!! So sweet!! They ended up takin us to lunch and were goin again this week!!! They are so open to hear about all we do! So cool! Then on Tuesday at Christian needs (The food and clothing pantry we serve at every week) we were able to give one of the ladies we work with a book of Mormon and talk a TON about what we believe. It was awesome! She was soo excited to start readin it! Then that day we had a member from down in Sioux city drive up to Le Mars and take us on team ups all day!!! We saw SO many miracles!!!! We were able to have one of the most amazing lessons with one of our investigators. Its amazing the power of having a member in a lesson does. Her simple testimony touched her heart so much. Just havin another witness bearing the truth goes a long way!! Anyways then we did a lot more service!! Both set of sisters were moving out of their apartments so us and the Elders helped move both of them a lot this week! Then we also went up to Ray's farm. Ray is this super sweet old farmer who lives in the middle of nowhere so we helped him around the farm ALL day on Friday! ahhh it was soo fun! I absolutely loved it! although I have a ton of bruises and scratches from his tractor who about killed me!!! But it was an amazing week with so many miracles!!
Another really cool experience was this girl named M. She is 21 and has had a really rough life. She struggles with anorexia and abuse and all sorts of other things. She is really close to death because of her anorexia and its just a matter of time till her heart gives out on her completely....but her family has taken us in like CRAZY! They invite us to come with them everywhere....its so cool....we have read the book of Mormon with her...shared the plan of salvation with her..and its amazing the strength she finds in it. I just know that this gospel is strengthenin her and helpin her through this hard trial in her life, and I am so grateful for the Lord for allowing me to see the transformation. Its such a testimony builder to me to watch the gospel change someones life. It makes me soo grateful that I have always had it and I just want everyone else to have it as well! I am too lucky!! My testimony of the book of Mormon has strengthened A TON while bein out here on my mission.....I am soo grateful for the peace and comfort you can find whenever you read it. I know it is true with all my heart. I know it is from God. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is Christs church once again restored on this earth. This gospel is the most important thing to me in this life...and I am SO grateful to have it. I never want to take it for granted.
One other miracle that happened was F. We were over there teachin her and I read Mosiah 18:8-10 with her about how if you have all these righteous desires then why wouldn't you want to covenant with God and be in his fold? and once I finished readin that to her she stood up and said "Gosh dangit I want to get my butt baptized RIGHT NOW!. Lets GO!" We told her she had to come to church for at least 3 times before she could be and she said, "Well why cant we make church for the next 3 days?? I cant wait that long!!!!!" haha it was awesome!!! She is super super sick though and on oxygen and we don't know how much longer she is gonna make it and how she physically can be baptized...so we are all fasting and prayin for her and I know it will all work out:) She has the desire, and she says its happenin whether it kills her or not:)
Well sorry this letter is all over the place and probably makin no sense but I gotta go! I just want you all to know that I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers EVERY little prayer. I know that He really isn't far away. Hes right here with us every day, helpin us along. I know that He loves us more than we could ever comprehend....that he understands us better than we could ever understand ourselves. He knows how to make us happier than we could ever imagine..so who better to turn our lives over too? I know that He can make more of us than we could ever make on our own. So just give yourself to the Lord and I promise you that your lives will become happier and better than you could ever imagine. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to be on a mission. Its amazing how you think you are givin up so much to serve Him, when in reality, He just blesses you more and more and you become even more in debt to him. I love and miss you all!! and just know ya all are in my prayers every day! Love, Sista Wilson!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment