Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, April 21, 2014

Hey family!!! I hope all of ya had a great week and a wonderful Easter!!!:) This week was amazing!! We did 18 hours of service and also were able to teach TONS of lessons!!! It was awesome! I dont know how we had enough hours in the day to do that! But we were tryin our absolute hardest and so miracles happened:) But guess what......WE FINALLY HAD AN INVESTIGATOR come to church! haha it was awesome!! Us and the Elders moved F and A from Le Mars to Sioux city all this week and because of that service we met 3 new potential investigators and 1 of them came to church! We are tryin for the other 2! :) Service really brings miracles. Peoples hearts are changed and softened when you just take the time to serve and love them. They are a lot more willing to listen to what we have to share. So I want to thank the Johnsons for doin this service for Amanda and Alexis this week! I know that because we took the time to do a ton of service...we were blessed with many lessons and miracles. And I bet you that Amanda and Alexis were helpin us out on the other side:)
So as part of our service....we were able to go and build a house! We tore carpet out and walls again and all sorts of work:) I am pretty sure I wanna help build my house one day! Its a lot of fun to do construction!!!:) Forget Dental assistin.....i wanna do man jobs! haha everyone teases me that I'm their "handy man" and if they need man jobs done...they have me do them:) Haha:) but yea many miracles happened this week! We have members in Sioux City volunteering to come up to Le Mars and go on team ups with us! Its amazing!! We need soo many more member missionaries and the members that come out with us mean the world to us! What better work to be doing then the Lords? I am so grateful they take the time out of their busy lives to go and share their testimony to others:) I need to make sure that when I go home....(yes I live in Utah so thats a lil bit different situation) but I can at least just strengthen those around me by sharing my testimony.
One last thing I would like to share with yall is a scripture I was readin the other day that I really loved. Its in Mosiah 16:7-9. It says, "And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection. But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ. He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death." I love how it says that the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ. I know that to be true. I know that death isn't a sad thing, but it is a beautiful thing because of Christ. Yes, death hurts and is the hardest thing in the world for those who are left behind....but for those who passed away....its the moment they have been waiting for. They get to be picked up by loved ones and taken home to our loving Heavenly Father. :) And I know that we all have ministering angels surrounding each and everyone of us. Once they have passed on....they are more closer than ever. They are right next to us, helpin us, savin us, and loving us when we most need it. So if you ever feel alone, just remember that at that very second you have loved ones that maybe you havent ever even met, sitting right beside you, ready to help. Anyways sorry that was probably sad! ha Just a lot of our investigators and people we work with are dealing with death and so it has been on my mind a lot lately:) On a happier note.....I have the best grandpa IN DA WORLD! haha ya know that "Blue "Easter" Bunny" money you gave me?? I bought all us Sisters and Elders a Blue Bunny ice cream with it!:) haha everyone LOVES you grandpa!! and I love the scarf you gave me grandma!!! Ive already worn it!!!:) It even smells like you:) Its my favorite!!! Thank you soo much!!! Well I better get goin but I just wanted to thank each and everyone of you for all the love and support you give me!! Thanks for the letters you write me! I look forward to letters soo much! So sorry I am horrible at writing people back!!! I love ya all and pray for you every day!!!:) Love Sista Wilson!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment