Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Saturday, April 12, 2014

Hey family!!!:) Hope all is goin well!! I am so jealous yall in cali!!! Not fair! But I am in Iowa...so beat that. haha but this week was really really cool:) First off, It was transfers!! I am still in Le Mars but I have a new companion! her name is Sister Bertrand! She is from Detroit. She is a visa waiter going to Brazil so my goal is to learn Portugese:) Well I want to share a cool experience that happened earlier this week. So me and Sister K and S went and visited "The Girls" in the "lock up". They are women who have been molested and abused. Its soo sad. We were just talkin to em and then got to talkin about life after death and about trials in our lives. One of them asked, "Why don't God take away our trials? If he loved us so much...why would He allow us to suffer?" We went on to tell her that our trials were chosen individually for each us because God knew that those specific trials were what we needed in this life in order to reach our full potential. In order to be worthy to live in our Heavenly Father's presence. These trials strengthen us and make us into the person we were sent here to become. These trials, would be, and ARE, really hard, but we don't have to go through or face them alone. Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ beg to be there for us. They want to comfort and strengthen us. All we have to do to allow that to happen is simply ask. Just ask. The spirit there got so strong. We knew that Heavenly Father wanted that group of women to know that He was there for them in their trials and never deserted them even though it may have felt like it. We then sung "nearer my God to Thee" and 3 other women walked into the room. The spirit was seriously drawing people in!! We then sung" A Child's Prayer". The spirit was sooo strong. All the women were getting teary eyed. We sung a couple other songs and the room was dead quiet. Afterwards we all sat in silence....then Sister K and I started bearing our testimonies like crazy. We told them how much their Heavenly Father loves them and how special each of them are to him and that He is aware of every trial, sorrow, anything goin on in their life. He is aware of them and wants to comfort them and be there for them. But in order for that to happen they have to allow Him too. It was powerful......I could just FEEL God's love for them. They are so special....We then started talkin about angels. One of them said when she was goin through cancer that an angel came and held her hand..she said" I promise I'm not crazy!!! It really happened! But no one would believe me..." ..she started cryin. I went and held her hand and said she wasn't crazy that an angel DID come and hold her hand. I told her that Heaven isn't far away at all. Its all around us. That Heavenly father sends angels to us in our time of need to comfort us and love us and protect us. I could feel angels all around us in that room. Once again....I could feel Jared. I KNOW he was there that night....holdin my hand. It was a special night I will never ever forget. We all sat in silence, holdin hands for about 20 mins. The spirit was SO SO strong. I could feel heaven. I could feel angels. I could feel Jared:) Then afterwards we were able to hand out a Book of Mormon and they all begged for us to come back! Such a cool experience. Well I don't have much time...sorry I only shared that one experience! Tons of other miracles happened this week as well!! But I just want to share my simple testimony with each of you. I know without a doubt that this church is true. I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers. He has been there for me Every single day out here...helpin me through my struggles. I know that He loves each and every single one of us more than we could ever comprehend. I know He is there in our most trying times, with His arms open just waiting to take the burden on himself. I know we don't ever have to go through any trial alone. He is there to give us the peace and comfort we so desperately need. He is there to make us feel whole. He is there to heal us. I know that with all my heart. I have felt His spirit testify all these things to me and will never deny the feelings I have felt. They are REAL. I know that this gospel is Gods message to all. This church has the fullness of Gods message and all who will just listen can feel for themselves the truthfulness of it. I feel honored to be a missionary, a disciple of my Savior, Jesus Christ. Best decision I have ever made. I love you all so much and hope you have the most amazing week ever!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment