Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, October 20, 2014

Hey Family!!!!!:) Ok sooo I love all of you SO SO SO much!!!! I cant even begin to thank ya all enough for the brithday letters ya all wrote to me!!!!! Gosh serioulsy THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I have the best parents, brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, friends EVER!!!!! I seriously cant even begin to tell you how much that meant to me!!! I have had the best birthday ever and it is only 10 in the morning!!!!!:) Thanks for all you do!!!!! I love ya all more than you could ever know and all of you are in my prayers!!!:)
Sorry this email is gonna be kinda short.....kinda a crazy day today!!! But sooo many things are happenin!!! I dont even know where to start! Sooo the wicken lady has come to church 4 sundays in a row and yesterday at church asked to be baptized!!!! :) She is learnin soo much and completely changin her life! it is soo cool to see where she started to just 4 weeks of participating in the gospel and seein what it has done in her life! We had sooo many less actives come to church yesterday as well!!! Ahh its soo cool!!! :) The progress here is happenin!!! We have a lot of progressing investigators who really are starting to gain powerful testimonies!! I just love love love bein apart of seein lives change!! This gospel is AMAZING. We also were able to do TONS of service this week!!! We got to tear down walls. (i really think this is my new hobbie....that and butcherin deer;) haha) I got to have this huge crow bar and just go ham in our investigators basement!!! i tore down the whole basement by the end!!!! by myself!!! haha everyone was laughin at me and just let me do it cuz I was havin too much fun!:) We also deep cleaned another of our investigators house ALL day one day! Their house was so bad that child protective services was comin to take her 2 kids away if it wasnt cleaned up in 3 days. how sad is that???/ ahh it broke our hearts.... Soooooo we went crazy there! Ahh there was mold EVERYWHERE. butttttt it looks so dang good now:) andddddd.........She got to keep her kids!!!!!:) We prayed like crazy thanking Heavenly father for allowing that to happen!!!:) She cried and cried and thanked us and said she knew we were sent from God and she wanted to learn everything we had to say!! haha service really brings miracles:) Welllll........moving update:) We are movin out next monday cuz my comp is goin home and I am goin to grand island next week and stayin there for a week till I get my new companion!!:) and mayeb new area? haha we have no idea what is goin on! But its fun:) missions are sure an adventure!:)
Well sorry this email is kinda all over the place and short but to end I just wanted to share this quote I heard the other day:) "People everywhere seek to invent some sort of happiness for themselves outside God, apart from God. And out of that hopeless attempt has come nearly all that we call human history -money, poverty, ambition, war, prosititution, classes, empires, slavery- the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy. The reason why it can never succeed is this. God made us; invented us as a man invents an engine. A car is made to run on gasoline, and it would not run properly on anything else. Now God designed the human machine to run on Himself. He Himself is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn, or the food our spirits were designed to feed on. There is no other. That is why is is just no good asking God to make us happy in our own way without bothering about religion. God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing." C.S. Lewis
I absolutely loved this quote. I have seen countless times throughout my life where people try to find happiness without God. It just isnt possible. We can try and try to be happy without allowing God in our life and ignoring that He is there...We can try to not follow Him and not care about Him....but the results are the same EVERYTIME. You wont, and cant find happiness. The only way to truly be happy is to allow God in your life. The closer you are to Him, the happier you are. I know this to be true with all my heart. The times in my life where I have prayed my hardest, served my hardest, and tried to give my whole heart to Him, are the times where I felt the happiest I ever have. Those are the times where I feel whole. Where I feel peace. Where I feel so completely happy. I promise that if you are struggling now, or are unhappy, that if you just do little things to start out with to come closer to God, you will be happier. The closer you are, the happier youlll be. I know this to be true! I lvoe you guys SOOO SOOO much and hope you have a fantastic week!!!!! I LOVE YOU! Love, Sister Wilson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment