Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, August 18, 2014

Hey Family!!! Well this week was soo much better! Ha sorry If I seemed down last week! I just don't like change and it don't like me. But this week was good! I feel like Im finally startin to be the kinda missionary I want to be. Its been cool to be able to start fresh and just work my absolute hardest. We have really tried to be exactly obedient and we have truly seen miralces:) I have met some people here who are just angels! The K's are this older couple who are SOOO much like grandma and grandpa leifson. haha he tells me all these jokes and riddles everytime we see him. Im gonna have to test grandpa on his riddle knowledge;) and they just take care of us missionaries sooo well! We met 10 potentials this week and are goin back to see them this week so hopefully we will have 10 new investigators!!! :) We were able to set 2 people for baptism!!!! That was sweet!!:) haha we met this lady named A...let me just tell you her life. Ok we met her while she was just chillin on her porch...with 2 men. We started to ask her questions to get to know her and found out.....she had 4 kids with one of the men and the other guy was her husband. The 2 guys were cousins. And they all lived together. YEa....kinda weird. but ya know....its her life:) haha so many other crazy things happened....last night there was a HUGE severe thunderstorm..so we went in early and hid in our apartment....everyone was callin us freakin out if we were ok...haha but it was fun!:) OHH also this week....I learned how to shoot a crossbow and compound bow:) haha it was sooo much fun!!! We also are goin fishin sometime this week with an investigator and hes gonna teach us how to cook it and eat it:)
Well sorry this email is so short!! Theres just soo much that happens and I don't know how to say it all over email....soooo Ill just have lots of stories to tell when I get home eventually:) haha but I do have to say that this week....I have been able to strengthen my testimony a lot. Its been cool:)I have been able to see myself change...for the better:) (Thank heavens;) its about time...right?;)) I have really been able to learn SOO much!!! I feel like I have become soo much closer to my Savior. I feel like I have been able to get to know Him and feel Him so much closer than I ever have before in my life. I feel like He is right by my side helpin me with every day. Its a really cool special feeling:) I guess when you feel like you have hit your lowest...that its then you can reach your highest. :) I have really come to love my Savior with ALL my heart, mind, might and strength. I truly just want to serve Him with everything that I have. I want to be a person that He knows He can use to bless others lives. I want to be a person He can count on. I want to be soo completely devoted and faithful to Him that He is proud of me. I want to make the most of His time. I think to be faithfully devoted to Jesus Christ, we accept Him as our Redeemer, and do all within our power to live His teachings. So Im gonna try my hardest to live all His teachings to the best of my abilities. And just use the Atonement a hundred billion times a day if I have too...The Atonement is infinite. That's what its there for. To use:).(haha I make a lot of mistakes soooo it might take a billion times...) but I know that as I use it daily...multiple times.... I can then be worthy to be His hands. I know that as we lose ourselves doin His work...that's there where we truly find ourselves. In times of trial and hardships the Lord has a way of refocusing us and our priorities. Its not like I went through that big of a trial or anything....switchin areas....but for me at the time,....it kinda was a trial. And durin this time I truly have been able to refocus and realize what I want most to do in my life at this time:) its amazing what He can make of us if we just submit our whole self over to Him:) I really have learned that there is only One in whom your faith is always safe, and that is in the Lord, Jesus Christ. I love him with all my heart and cant wait to continue to get to know Him more and more everyday:) I love ya all SOOOO much and cant thank you enough for all you do for me!!! you are in my prayers EVERRRRY day!!!! I love YOUUUU!!!:) Love, Sister Wilson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment