Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, August 11, 2014

Hey Family!!!! Sorry this email isnt gonna be too long!!! I dont have like anytime today!! I really hope yall are doin real good!!! I miss ya all! But ok sooooo this week....was transfers. :( I cant tell you how hard it was to leave Le Mars. Honestly, probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I loved it there more than I can put into words. I bawled and bawled allllllllll day sayin goodbye to people. It was soo sweet what people said to me. Really made me feel like I actually made a difference there. It was such a cool thing to hear and to feel:) I met so many people who have changed my life for the better and who I have learned soo much from. I seriously am countin down the days till I can go back and see everyone. I just hope and pray no one there forgets me;) (Ya here that Tifertoes....thats shoutout numba 2 for you punkin.) But my new area is here in Hastings, Nebraska. My address is 3326 Parklane Drive Apartment #4 Hastings, Nebraska 68901. Please please write me!! Haha I would kinda a lot appreicate it;) My companion is named Sister F. She is a sweetheart! she really is! She will be goin home next transfer so I will most likely be killin her off. So the good thing about bein here is I got here right on time for Kool Aid days!!! haha Kool aid was made here:) So they had this huge fair with tons of country music...(yet again coutnry music has saved my life and made me feel at home here!) we were able to volunteer at a booth and I made a really good friend with this girl who was my age but Lutheran!! We are goin to lunch with her this week so we will see where that goes:) There are 2 people set for baptism here!! So that will be neat!!! And get this....we are settin a girl for baptism this week for September 20:) Do you know how cool that will be to have a baptism on Jareds Bday??:):) I would love that. Pray it happens.
Well somethin I have learned a lot this week is change. And how much it sucks. Haha but without changing we wouldnt learn anything. So I just gotta keep that in mind:) I think with this new change its gonna help me really rely on Christ and give my whole self to him better. Cuz honestly I feel like I have nothin else right now. I am really gonna change for the better. I am gonna let this change...change me. I am gonna let Christ mold and shape me into the person He needs me to become.I know that all things happen for a reason....even if we just dont see how in the world this could be a good thing now. God knows the end....He knows why we have to go through some of the things we do. So we just needa trust Him:) He knows what He's doin:) unlike us...we have never lived life before! How the heck do we know whats best for us??
The purpose of this life is to change to become more like Christ. It is to incorporate into your being His qualities. The scriptures, the church, the restoration, the atonement of Jesus Christ makes no difference unless they get inside of you. Unless they become a part of you. I think a lot of times we think that the gospel, or living what God requires is harder than what it is. Life is hard, not the gospel.The gospel is really what makes life easy. Its the easiest way to live life. There is no aspect of the gospel of Christ that is beyond ourr capacity. Not even close. You not only can be changed to become more like Christ, the whole of the plan of salvation is designed in favor of your success. The plan of salvation is not a level playing field. It favors you. It favors not only your success but also the success of each and every one of Gods children. Everything has been organized to give us the best oppurtunity to succeed. So now all we need to do is trust God.....and follow Him. Follow the perfect example He sent for us. His son, Jesus Christ. Then we will succeed and become all that He wants us to become in the end:) I love you all sooo much and cant thank you enough for what you have done for me! You are amazing examples to me and I am so grateful for your love and support. Love, Sister Wilson:)

No comments:

Post a Comment