Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Monday, June 23, 2014

Hey Family!! I hope ya all had a wonderful Fathers Day!!! :) Things are goin great over here!! I have never been happier! I love Le Mars sooo much!! Its the cutest town EVER. I have made such amazing friends here and am gonna have the hardest time in the world to leave. These people have become family to me! We have continued to see SO many miracles this week! The Lord is blessing us sooo much! I am so grateful! One really cool experience we had this week was we were walkin home at 9 and were about to walk inside and I saw this couple out of the corner of my eye walkin by. I waved to them and asked them how they were doin, and they walked over to talk to us. We ended up talkin and introducin ourselves and then the lady said, "Oh .......hey so would you be able to tell us what happened to our son? He died 4 years ago from Leukemia and it terrifies me... wheres he at?" She started cryin...I was shocked. Ha Heavenly Father had completely prepared these 2 for the gospel. They basically just asked us to teach them. We ended up basically teachin the plan of salvation and told them that we know he is free from pain and safely resting in heaven. We told them that he is all around you every day, bein your guardian angel, you just can't see him. She started bawling and hugged me sayin, "You really honestly believe that? How can you be sure?" I then bore as strong of testimony as I could..tellin her I know without a doubt that this is all true. I told her about Jared and how I feel him every day and know he isn't far away at all...that I would see him again one day, and so will she see her son. We just need to live our lives in a way so we will be worthy. She grabbed me and said, "Please teach me how to do that. Teach me what you know. You guys can come over whenever you want! " We were completely shocked. Ha we said, "Oh my gosh of course!! We will teach you everything we know!!" It was sooo cool. We are goin back over this week:) I am sooo excited to see where they go!!! They are truly special.
So this week was also the funeral for K. It was soo hard and sad. S found a poem that K had written at the bottom...."Please read at my funeral". I absolutely LOVED it. It says, " Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free, I'm following the path God laid for me. I took his hand when I heard his call, I turned my back and left it all. I could not stay another day, To laugh, to love, to work, to play. Tasks left undone must stay that way, I've found that peace at the close of the day. If my parting has left a void, Then fill it with remembered joy. A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss, Ah yes, these things I too will miss. Be not burdened with times of sorrow, I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow. My Life's been full, I savoured much, Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch, Perhaps my time seemed all too brief, Don't lengthen it now with undue grief. Lift up your heart and share with me, God wanted me now, He set me free.
That really is such a sweet poem. I really feel the spirit when I hear it. I think it shows a more eternal perspective of death. Death seems (and is) such a hard thing...but when you really think of it, its amazing. That person gets to return home to God, free from all pain and sickness and hard things that are in the world. We should be happy for them. Its what we ultimately all want in the end. Its just real hard to see it that way. One quote that I found the other day is by Spencer W. Kimball, it says, "No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our character, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God...It is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education we came here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven." I absolutely loved that. It is so true. Life can be real hard and challenging at times and we just need to remember that it is all for a reason. Instead of asking, "Why is this happening to me?" Ask, "What am I to do? What am I to learn from this experience? What do I need to change? Who can I help?". Its super hard to think that way.....but if we do, it will be soo much easier to deal with the trial. Well sorry I went off on that!! haha we had tons of other miralces! J came to church and is gettin baptized in July!!!:) T and J are gettin baptized July 5th!!! They have come to church too!! Many others are progressin like crazy!! We have 11 progressing investigators!! That's HUGE for Le mars!!! haha its sooo cool!!:) I am SO grateful to be able to see this happenin in Le Mars!!! I hope I never leave!!! Thanks so much for all your prayers for me!! My throat will get better eventually, but looks like I haven't learned what I am supposed too yet. Haha so Im gonna take what I learned and apply it to my life:) One of my favorite scriptures this week is D&C:50:40-42! Read it, its awesome! I love ya all SOO much and you are all in my prayers!!! Love, Sister Wilson!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment