Sister Ashley Wilson

Nebraska Omaha Mission

11027 Martha St

Omaha, NE 68144


Friday, November 22, 2013

November 14, 2013

Dear Mom, Dad & Family, I want you guys to know how much I love and miss you. Thank you for your prayers and support. I really can feel it. Please, please keep praying for me. I am in a 3 some companionship. So that's different. I know I can learn from them. I know the Lord gave me them for a reason. I will love them and learn from them. Well this, without a doubt, is one of the hardest things I've ever done but it's also rewarding. Already I've learned so much. Every hour is jam packed with stuff that really helps you teach better and be a better missionary. Already we've taught investigators and had many teaching experiences. Ha I'm not scared at all to bear my testimony and participate anymore. It's cool when l really focus then the homesickness goes away. I have two companions. They are sweet girls with strong testimonies. In our district there is a Polynesian Sister named Sister M. I LOVE her! We get along good. Ha there's 5 sisters in our district. Sister M. and I get along great. We all sleep in the same room so that's nice. Except my companions snore sooo loud! Ha, I didn't sleep at all last night! Just please pray for me!
I saw Linzi for a second! Ha, she waved to me through a window. She's companions with a girl I knew in High School!! I also saw Mason McDonald! That was such a comfort! I've also seen Ryan Morin's mom here and Levi Fisca (a kid from school). It's always comforting to see familiar faces. Well, in our zone we are with another district but they are all elders. So just us 5 sisters but it's fun! I really do like it here. I am learning lots and its only been 2 days! I found out my P day is on Tuesdays while I'm at the MTC so I'll email you guys then. I want you to know I pray for you guys every day and love you miss you all. Tell the boys that I love and miss them and to make good choices :) I know without a doubt this church is true and have learned so much while preparing. I have honestly seen and felt God's love for us. He always comforts me when this gets too hard and lonely. I've also felt his love for those who are searching for the gospel. It's amazing, you feel that love for them when you forget everything else and focus on them and their needs. I've felt that with those investigators who came in. I just can't wait to actually get to Nebraska and get to work!!
I still know I have a lot to learn. I'm feeling more confident after every class. Ha the classes are my favorite part! Surprising, I know! But they aren't boring at ALL!! I know if I just give this my all, and never give up and rely on the Lord, I'll get through the hard trying moments here. I just need to lose myself. Ha, it's a whole other world here. It's kinda scary because you forget about your life completely... but I never forget about you guys! I love you all soooo much and am so grateful to have so much love and support and prayers from you guys and also to have had such amazing examples as parents. You guys are AMAZING! I love you! And Mom, you are my hero. I want you to know that. I want to be just like you. Dad, thank you for such an amazing example of a worthy priesthood holder. I want to marry someone exactly like you. And boys... I love and miss each and every one of you more than you could imagine... Just please know that this mission thing is hard...and gonna kick your butt... so start preparing now!! Seriously, make the Lord your best friend or else you won't be able to do this! Also want you to know how AMAZING being a missionary is!! You feel the power you have and things come into your head so fast and you are able to speak your testimony so much clearer. I can't wait to actually go to Nebraska! I've been here 2 days and learned a ton! ha I can't imagine what lies ahead. This is the best decision I ever made, even tho at times I wonder what I got myself into! haha I LOVE YOU guys but I gotta go so I'll talk to you guys on Tuesday! :) LOVE YOU! Sister Wilson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment